.Or how to cheat, lie and manipulate your readers on your way to the top
I never thought of myself as being a very intellectual person, au contraire, but what happens outside the shows at Paris Fashion Week is too superficial even for me.
I was aware about all this circus long before coming to it. I knew how things work, who is pretending, who’s a faker and who’s an authentic fashion icon. Cause you see, being a fashion icon implies much more than borrowing some weird clothes and giving your last money on this trip. However, it was important for me to come so that when I would talk about this I would have evidence to support my affirmations.
If you wanna be famous just for being famous and in real life you are a meaningless, self pitiful girl with a big ego, Paris Fashion Week is perfect for you!
Below, you can find some tips for instant success
- lose your sense of embarrassment (if you have such feelings), you’ll gonna end up begging the security people to let you in the tents (the places where they keep the real fashion shows)
- dress as weird as you can and borrow tons of clothes telling brands that you endorse them, however your name and credits will not appear in the magazines
- update your Instagram account with pictures of all the branded products that you encounter in your way and tell your followers that are yours
- live in a small/tiny apartment but check-in on your phone that you live in some luxurious hotel
- name your taxi driver “your private driver“ and tell that on Instagram, Facebook, etc
- tell everyone that you are wearing brands or full branded outfits when the only brand on you is your iphone case
- always pout when you’re asked about competition, nobody is as good, stylish or connected as you
- ask for freebies everywhere you go
- try to let all your friends pay for dinner
- froze your ass out at -3 degrees dressed like a peacock in mid summer and then complain on your blog or social media channels about how cold are you and how hard are you working
- if somehow it happens and you find an invitation without a name on it quickly write your name and post it on social media
- take a friend who has a camera with you, go in the middle of the crowd and put him/her take pictures of you. That and your shiny-rainbow outfit will make everybody come and take your picture, You’ll be featured everywhere, from Vogue to the lowest street style site
Now, you might tend to think that I am writing this because I was not photographed, these pictures and many others will prove you wrong. Yesterday I wore this new Molecule F t shirt and everybody was telling how cool this is. I paired it with my favorite traditional Romanian skirt by Andra Andreescu and it turned out very chic or at least I think so.
I would like to mention that this is the last show I came to this season (two in total, the first was to observe and this one to demonstrate that everybody can be photographed) and will not come to any other, except when I do have an invitation. I do not want to be associated with this kind of evolution in this industry.
So if you are sleek and can create a fake but aspirational reality around you, you will most surely succeed to be noticed at Paris Fashion Week. Of course, you have to wear tons of colors, prints, all your jewelry in the same time and some fancy hat, or two – at the same time.
Everybody can become a star at Fashion Week. I did, you can too. What makes the difference is to whom we look up too. If Carrie Bradshaw (sure, I loved her too, of course, 5 years ago) is your hero than by all means, Air France has the best deals when it comes to plane tickets and comfort, you’ll be in Paris in no time and you’ll be photographed. I assure you on that. You’ll make the internet speak about your clothes in no time.
This might sound as a personal attack but it’s not, it’s just some of my conclusions regarding this phenomenon. It may bring us all, the ones who came here, a certain recognition but hanging at doors and begging to let us in it’s not the way I wanna grow up in this fashion society. I am a Countess for Christ’s sake, I don’t beg or look needy outside any show (#joke, #irony)
Personally, I think it’s sad that the only mean one has for getting attention is hanging out in front of the fashion shows. If this is your existence landmark it’s kind of pitiful.
Getting pictured in front of a show because you dress weird is not revealing your level of professionalism, human quality and not even your style.
When you start dressing for attention and not for yourself things start to go in the wrong way very fast – Suzy Menkes
Note: I am gonna put some short links later, these French people have the worse internet connection (#bleah)