MY OUT OF THIS WORLD 2013
Ana Morodan | On 06, Jan 2014
.For the last four hours I’ve been scrolling down the blog to the beginning of 2013 on the blog. Last year was indeed a roller coaster filled with huge accomplishments, unforgettable moments, epic pictures (I’m praising Serban, bare with me) and tons of things to be thankful for.
I know many of you think that this blogging activity is all bliss and that my life is carefree. Thomas Edison once said that opportunity is missed by people because it’s dressed in overalls and it looks like work. Fact is that it takes some serious amount of work, dedication, believing in yourself and your goals like a madman, fighting your fears every day, getting up when you fall and then start working and working and working again.
Here’s some of the projects I got involved in 2013:
- I was invited to appear in HBO‘s teaser for their new series “Ramai cu mine” , started 5 MINUTE Style Classes with Ovidiu Buta, hosted a party for Gaia Boutique Club, presented the Joy Magazine event, and had my TV column at PRIMA TV, and I was invited to speak at Europa FM and I was on the cover poster for V for Vintage.
- I was invited as a speaker in conferences like Tecomm Cluj, Artelierul de Idei by Unica Magazine, Anti Mit conference by MasMedia again in Cluj, The Digital Divas by Avon Conference where I also won 3 prizes and the fashion pr classes at NAKED PR
- Held several style classes for HP, City Dent and Activia. I was invited in the judging committee for Sibiu’s Academy of Fashion contest along with Marian Palie and Bianca Pop.
- I hosted three summer parties with Malvina and signed articles for Style Corner.ro and Fashion & Beauty.ro. Traveled to Cyrpus for Paravion.ro and to Paris for 109.
- I styled pictorials for VIVA Magazine and ALL HOLLOW Magazine and I was an invited guest in the “Fashion Police” tv show at Antena 2.
- I also got involved in several humanitarian campaigns and I plan to do more this year.
- Hosted Vente Privee’s for SunglassCurator and American Retro Outlet.
- I spoke about the Belle Epoque at the celebration of Cafeneaua Veche and designed a window shop for Wolford
- I designed a billboard for Avon which was displayed in the center of the city, was invited to attend TIFF and MORODAN Day on Molecule F celebrated one year.
- I appeared in special projects like Noemi’s Book Cover Tee, Autor’s Viitorul are Autor colectiv campaign and Laura Lazar’s Romanian Values tee line and made the Romanian Designers Gallery selection at Cocor.
- I also started a Book Club which I’m really proud of and which will continue in 2014 also and you are all invited.
- I was featured in Elle Magazine, The One Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar, Beau Monde, In Style, VIVA Magazine, Unica, Luxury Magazine, Joy, Tonica, Etiquette and in the online press for Victoria 46, Style Corner, La Revista, Lookool, Talk Shop Magazine, Unica online and Visuell. I was also 5 m tall on the Cocor building for 3 months with my Cathias Edeline collection.
- I designed and signed collections for Wagner Maison de la Porcelaine, Smiling Shoes and Cathias Edeline.
- I signed articles for Style Corner.ro and got my own column on Andreea Raicu.ro
- I collaborated with brands like Intel, Absolut, Canon, Air France, Remington, Anastasia Beverly Hills, H&M, Furla, Peroni, Manoush, Vichy, Braun, La Strada, Porsche Design, Beck’s, Paul Brasserie, Wolford, Colgate, Eva Culture, Optiblu, Venera Arapu, Andresco Jewelry, Paravion.ro, Lush, Photoliu, Andra Andreescu, Fashion Days, Il Passo, Stephan Pelger, Casara, Pandora, Palmolive, Beautik, Spa D’Or, Bio Beauty, Absolut Nails, Curtea Veche, Le Petit Marais, Motivi, Super Jeans, Borealy, 109, Bon Bijou, Palazzo Lido, m.Marquise, Alexandru Ciucu and Quoi de Neuf
Started almost every phrase with “I” and I was indeed the center of all these projects but I couldn’t have done it without my team – Serban, Lili, Cristina, Iunia, Gabi, Flavius, Claudiu and Raluca and Anca – with the extraordinary participation of Elena Bagescu – I couldn’t have made it without your help guys so thank you for being with me in this great adventure. An adventure that somehow I feel hasn’t reached it’s peak yet.
Therefore, here it is, in photographic evidence, MY OUT OF THIS WORLD 2013
I couldn’t be more grateful and happy for the year that has passed. I will never forget it and I can easily say that from my adult life this was the best year.
I want to thank every single one of you for following me in this extraordinary journey, for sharing the same values and perspectives as I do and for never losing what is really important.
Here’s to new beginnings, new opportunities and new accomplishments.
Believe me, dreams do come true, if you work hard enough for them.