They are different indeed and I’ve noticed that everybody who meets one of their kind gets instantly mesmerized.
What makes them different?
– they use Facebook not for showing of what they eat or how they dress but to share books they’ve read, movies they saw or modern art exhibits they visited. They also don’t check in from five to five minutes (I had to point this out, burn me)
– they are very passionate and informed on subjects such as modern art, fashion, travels and literature.
– they are always ahead of trends and when those trends became mainstream they don’t give up on them just because they became so.
– they love the underground scene but don’t trash the commercial one.
– they have a certain self-confidence, a cool, laid-back attitude.
– they don’t label people easily.
But the most important characteristic of these new kind of young adults is by far, their common sense and the respect they have for the people around them.
It takes a lot of maturity and wisdom to acknowledge that you’re not the center of the universe.
God knows I don’t posses that much…