I’ve been frantically away and rare at sight for a few weeks. Working day and night for your TV show is not as glamorous as one might think. But that’s a story for another time. Fact is, I’ve finished this series and slept for a few days in a wonderful Lucca villa shown below but now I’m back and ready to rumble as they say.
However, during my away-from-the-internet-but-on-tv period of time, some things changed in the online world. And some things stayed the same.
Gabriela Dumitran hat – H&M outfit & slides
Photos by Costrut in Tuscany
Here’s a brief follow-up to my notes:
- A few ladies took the #metoo hashtag and turned it into a worldwide social movement – the world is changing and not in the Handmaiden Tale direction #ThankGod – And don’t even get me started on how some women bashed the movement for various reasons. Long story short – please get informed and know that many real-life changes in the world were made because hashtags, such as these, count as public opinion and they have the power to sway policies. See my point below.
- Bacanu influenced the changing of an injust law with the power of the internet. See my point above.
- Simona Halep became No.1 Worldwide in the WTA Classment – very proud that young ladies and us all have such a cool role model to look up to!
- The Internet reacted against the new financial laws in Romania and we’re again protesting in the streets! Go Millennials and everyone for that matter! Side note: why can’t we protest in summer? Soooo Murphy’s Law, this winter synchronicity
- Some girls are still frustrated and sending bad vibes. Yeah, so very not feminist of me but I believe in good attitude, no matter if it comes from a man or a woman.
- Some girls stayed as predictable as I left them and definitely don’t need tarot readers to predict the future
- One Twitter employee erased Trump’s account in his last day of work. Not all heroes wear capes #GG