Arad sends its regards. I am still here and I never thought I would say this but it feels peaceful. Yes, I`ve come to be thankful for peace and quiet, who would have thought?
Moreover, I`ve discovered a very talented photographer and I`m pretty anxious for our future shootings together. Especially because Cosmin and I share the same aesthetics – dark, iconoclast, gothic like.
Here`s us, Tavi* and me, in Cosmin`s studio, doing what we know best – one being extremely affected and theatrical and the other impersonating and making fun of the latter.
Photos by Cosmin Micoara
Now, getting back to the matter at hand, I must confess, with all this New Year frenzy I`ve discovered some Must Have Fashion Days dresses. And while scrolling the biggest online shopping destination – which by the way has some up to 90% sales, I started thinking about:
How To build a more powerful Personal Brand and leverage what other people think about you in the New Year.
And all with the help of a Dress
- The first essential step is to like yourself – or at least to like parts of your physical appearance and of course, your personality – and that my darlings, if you`re somehow stuck at this point, can be easily pulled off with the help of a perfect item and in my case, a dress.
Simple, you buy something which suits your body type and style personality, wear it, look in the mirror and say `Damn, not bad, not bad at all` – and voila, confidence booster mode – activated
- Decide and lay out your core values – how would you like potential customers and clients to think of you? Because your personal brand is built from the thoughts and words and reactions of other people, it’s shaped by how you present yourself publicly.
This is something that you have control over. You can decide how you would like people to see you and then work on publicly being that image.
- Market your personality – personal branding is basically selling someone your personality. You need to think hard about HOW you act. You should have a clearly identifiable personality so that people can easily feel like they know you personally, even if they’ve never met you. Your style of delivery should be as unique as any other aspect of your personal brand. This doesn’t mean you need to sit down and brainstorm about how to be different. If you don’t actively imitate anyone else, it will happen naturally.
- Be purposeful in what you share – Every tweet you send, every status update you make, every picture you share, contributes to your personal brand. It is an amalgamation of multiple daily actions. Once you understand how you wish your brand to be perceived, you can start to be much more strategic about your personal brand.
If you are an online personal brander don`t post pictures for likes and followers, it was never about their number anyway, it`s always about the quality of the people who follow you – deliver content which will help you shape your personal brand.
And most of all:
- Don`t focus your attention on what other people will say about you – being powerfully marketed may bring you negative feedback also. Be prepared for that. Also, be aware that you can`t be liked by everyone. Success brings envy. Just breathe deeply, stay confident into your life direction and never mind the negative people. And always look at the one who criticizes you. Most of the time they are people who are envious, weak and unsuccessful.
This was part 1. I have to leave you now, you must understand me, I`m still a fashionista and my last minute shopping for this year might prove to be pretty helpful in my powerful 2015.
To be Continued.
* Tavi and I are long time friends along with Mittens and the rest of the gang. Thank you Octavian for fighting your hungover and smiling pretty. I would like to tell my virtual lady friends some things about you, just so that they will be prepared just in case you`ll meet but it`s Christmas time so I`ll play nice. #grin