.Or sleep all day long. Which is actually my secret wish for next week.
Delia took this iphone picture of me a while ago and I find it very illustrative for what I want to tell you today.
Like many women, I always loved cats, ever since I was a little girl. When I became an adolescent and moved from my parents home, faith, nahhh, I made it happen, gave me a cat. Super Mitzi! Do you remember Super? He’s not in Bucharest with me, now it’s my mother’s cat (I secretly think she is gonna leave all her possessions to this cat and not to me).
The point with this introduction is that I love cats for their behavior! Many of the people who talk about a cat’s character are looking at it superficially and judgmentally – “Ohh, cats are so self centered! They are so rottenly and egoistic!”
But if you look closely, sort of like in life, if you pass the superficial judgments and you look closely maybe you’ll realize that things are not exactly the way you think they are.
After 28 years of adoring those animals, here are some of my conclusions
- cats are independent – like women should learn to be
- cats teach you to clarify what you really want in life (remember their attitude when they want food, nothing else matters)
- cats don’t complain, instead they act towards solving their problem. Most of the time it’s a food problem.
- cats give you love too, despite what they say. A lot, in fact. They like to fall asleep in your lap, to cuddle in bed with you, to be petted, and they show it by purring. The purr of a cat is very relaxing, try it!
- cats don’t judge – I’ve tested Super
- cats feel when you have a physical pain and they can take that away – like magic. Those of you who have cats know what I mean
And sure, then there are those other reasons…
- they are soft
- their tails move to the beat of the music
- they know when you need a little extra cuddle
- they can stay home alone all day and the house will be fine
- they smell like kitty, which smells so good
- they come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- they are geometrically perfect: two little triangle ears and a cute little triangle nose.
The Ancient Egyptians worshiped them. If you’re reading this, you probably feel the same.
So here’s a good Snobbish Advice
If you are something like a cat, always in pursuit of new challenges, not too friendly before someone proves himself before you, and a fighter, than you should always smile because at the end of the day, there’s always an army of people who will love cats, exactly like you!
Ana, the cat lover
Te astept la primul curs “SPEEDCHANGE de stil personal din Romania“, sa petrecem impreuna 2 ore de moda si lifestyle chic.
Impreuna cu bunul meu prieten si mentor, Ovidiu Buta, vom redescoperi impreuna forta elegantei si cat de usor poate fi sa
ai o garderoba minunat construita, sa intelegi care sunt piesele “dincolo de vremuri si tendinte” si cum sa deprinzi trucurile perfecte pentru o imagine remarcabila, eleganta, cu ” vino-ncoa’ “.
Totul relaxat, dragalas si atat de distractiv.