And I am beginning to really think Christmas is better together. At least I won`t stay home and be all Grinch about it. But there are still some weeks left, some weeks in which I am preparing a big surprise for you all. #icantwaittoseeyourreaction But until then, my friends and I accepted C&A`s invitation to spend a morning in a Christmasy manner. Just to rehearse a little.
Noemi, Lightaholic, Mazilique, O, Emanuel and I have a great social familiarity with each other so meeting over coffee was a delight. Avi (Noemi`s wonderboy) and Maria are best friends and they behaved impeccable besides being the cutest highlight of the day.
Now, this experience besides being a memorable campaign for me, also made me think more deeply on how I look at Christmas nowadays. And I noticed that my mentality towards this holiday that I kinda
detested don`t like, changed a bit.
And here`s why I think it did:
I am wearing a C&A outfit, Smiling Shoes heels and Parfois necklace
- I`ve grown up and I thought myself to look on the bright side of things
- I bought an artificial tree and so I am not participating in the gripping of this country only because of this useless tradition – the Christmas tree
- Buying a new lavish dress two days before Christmas and wearing it at the Christmas dinner makes me feel like a movie star
- A Glass or Two of gin tonic never hurt nobody
- Red lipstick and red nails are a must and some decadent jewelry are a natural Xanax
- Positive people around me really have an optimistic effect on my Grinch vibe – Ok, not those ones who are Christmas fanatics like my friend Rares
- This holiday is about being more open, positive, about helping others, although this should be a daily activity not a once a year one, so I tried to look at Christmas with a more open mind and not focus on my past experiences with this holiday
- Because I imagine and build a fairytale around the house every year – no, not a Christmas/Froze one – more of a Capote like Black & White ball and this year Mazilique is teaching me how to prepare some goodies so I plan to be the sensual housewife with a nervous breakdown but still pretty sparkly
These are among my notes on being happy on Christmas day. Some of them I discussed about with the wonderful humans over our C&A campaign shooting, some of them I discovered myself over the year and some of my personal notes will remain just that, personal. At the end of the day the most important thing is to strive to be happy and positive, no matter what drove you to feel less joyful around this time of the year.
So dear C&A,
you are right, Christmas is indeed better together!