Now that I have my own personalized tea set I can go all Lady Gaga on your ass and walk around with a tea cup in my hand. The “blood” bracelet is from “Les Vampires” collection by my favorite Romanian duo – 109 and it’s my favorite accessory lately.
How very Bela Lugosi of me, no?
My Absolut Nails love
© Serban Cristea
Here’s my reflection of the day – I’m 28! It strikes me from time to time, mostly in the moments when I realize that my perspectives on life, principles and basically everything is, different than it was at 23.
It all started yesterday when I was about to remain out of lighting because I forgot to pay the bill. Better yet, I never forget, I just postpone. Why do I have to pay the bill when I can go and buy me something beautiful with that money…??!!
I was keeping a maturity lecture to myself when it stroke me – I will soon turn 30! The age when it is said that we are gonna bloom, that we are at our highest point. Well, I kinda don’t want my highest point to be shadowed by the fact that I still postpone my bills to go shopping. Maybe I’ll have a kid, I am gonna forget or postpone picking him up from the kindergarten?
Actually, maybe yes, maybe this will be my minus in the growing up process, maybe I will always delay on paying bills, the fact is that I always pay enormous bills (no kidding, I always pay the biggest bills, I’ve checked in my crowd) – and maybe that’s not even that bad if I compensate it with some other things.
Yes, this last idea gave me a little peace of mind. Therefore, here are 5 things I learned and I think can compensate this bill paying minus and that will most surely help me when I hit 30.
- Every bad food habit you have now will appear on you face and body like a Mordor monster so go to that fucking gym! Now!
- There is no best friend but a multitude of people you relate with, one friend might inspire you, other may help you develop some fashion sense, others are your party friends. Life is about a multitude of persons, don’t trust and learn only from one!
- Being a woman is way better than being a girl. I spent, like most of you,I’m sure, half of my teenage years wishing I was older, then I spent half of my twenties wishing that I was younger. Now I realized that even if I don’t have that young body anymore, I wouldn’t trade the peace of mind that growing up and reaching a certain level of maturity has brought me, for any young body in the world. Self -confidence, peace if mind, wiseness, calm, power, strength, these are all qualities you develop throughout the years.
- Before blaming the people around you for the shit you are living in , take a step back and look at yourself. Most of the times the problem is not someone else. So be honest with yourself, work on improving what needs to be improved, acknowledge your flaws and try to understand others before bitching negatively. If you spread negativity, you will attract just that. Be joyful and grateful for what you have.
- Moisturize and learn to unplug and relax – those late working nights or drinking till dawn are already taking a toll on your skin. Go ahead and indulge in beauty products and massages. Or at least get into the basic routine of moisturizing every time you wash your face or get out of the shower. It’ll keep your skin hydrated and looking younger into your thirties and beyond. If you wait, the damage you’ve done will be harder to undo than bad hair.
Speaking about relaxation and massages, you know that I’m a big fan of spa’s. I’ve been trying to find some good spa’s in Romania for some time now and I can say that I tested many. The one that really got my vote as “closest to my heart” is Spa d’Or.
From their complex treatments to their team of therapists and very chic decor, this spa located in Brasov became my favorite relaxation destination. And yes, it deserves a road trip till there.