© Serban Cristea
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it`s worth watching. That is one of my mantras. Well, actually, because of it, I made the biggest messes in my life also. Like the time I drove my car drunk in my grandparents backyard and ended up driving right into the lake…my mother had a nervous breakdown #hahahhaha. Ok, ok, moving on.
Let`s rephrase the mantra a little, shall we? One day this winter will flash before our eyes. Let`s make sure it`s worth watching.
Now, based on this assumption, here`s my evilish list on how to get all the compliments by looking dashing this winter:
- Sophistication is every woman`s best wardrobe. Don`t focus on buying tons of winter items. Buy 3 but well chosen articles that will update your wardrobe without ruining your budget. Yes, yes, I`ll tell you which they are.
– a fluffy blouse – you can wear it with pencil skirts, jeans, leggings, leather pants and even on top of an office dress
– a pencil skirt – made from a thick fabric and worn with ciorapi cu dunga la spate (no hablo ingles), a uni blouse, a brooch and stilettos – yeah, you`ll be a show stopper, I guarantee
– an eye popping coat – let`s pause a little from the eternal black coat, shall we? Daring in all aspects of life proved to be a winning attribute so let`s dare I say. I found the one I am wearing today in Marks & Spencer`s winter collection and I adore its shape and color
- Successful people are not gifted. They just work hard and succeed on purpose. True. Make this the season when you`ll complain less about the cold and work a little hard on fulfilling your dreams and plans. I am a lazy idiot but I am also the living proof that if you move your butt a little things do happen. And believe me, success is the greatest show stopper. And the greatest magnet for driving envy but that`s a story for another time.
- Here`s to the Misfits. One of my strong beliefs is that being different makes us memorable. Sure this does not mean to be someone you`re not but you most surely know there`s something unique about your personality. It may be a kind heart, a glittery laughter, a beautiful hair or the most precious – a beautiful mind. Focus your attention on your strong points. They will give you uniqueness.
What I`ve just told you might seem something you can leverage but think a little deeper on their meanings when you read them. I`m sure they`ll strike a cord. Here`s to the memorable season we`ll add up to our life movie.
Thank you to Marks & Spencer for allowing me to play with their winter collection. Reading about their four lines – Simple Luxe, Gentle Woman, Down Town, Modernist and The Arts – inspired me on writing this article.