Spektre, Max Mara and Fendi sunglasses – available at Optiblu
Photos by Alexandru Rosieanu
The following aspects are matters of the mind and soul. And must be assimilated with attention and dedication (talking for myself here).
My 12 Things to Keep in Mind this May:
- There is no Summer Body – there is just YOUR Body so no matter if you are fit or less fit just enjoy the new season.
- Life in Plastic is NOT Fantastic – here`s to the natural us – no lip injections, no wrinkle fillers, no artificial adding. Tina Fey once said that we must retain nothing else than the most important rule of beauty. Which is: WHO CARES?
- Amy Schumer NAILED IT – I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story — I will. I will speak and share and fuck and love and I will never apologize to the frightened millions who resent that they never had it in them to do it. I stand here and I am amazing, for you. Not because of you. I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself. And I am all of you, and I thank you.
- Jewelry are awesome but a cool pair of shades can really change your perspective on life – lately I am all about quality not about quantity and by all means, it`s much more awesome to own a few pairs of…everything, than a dozen of cheap stuff. After all, it`s about making statements from your accessories not about changing them everyday. As you already know, each season I`m invited to pick my favorites from the new Optiblu seasonal selection (already in stores) – this time the Spektre, Fendi and Max Mara shades won my heart – chic, statement but refined. Heart.
- Don`t take everything personally. Again, harder to do than to say it but I remember when I succeeded in doing this, a brief period, I might add, it was really exhilarating.
- In polite society being camera ready isn`t a status, it`s a lifestyle – pfff, that`s pretty hard for a slack person like myself. Most of the times I want to live in my high school pajamas but yeah, being a modern day lady requires a certain dose of feminine attention towards our appearance so no complaining just getting up and looking smashing.
- The GREAT Humans near us – read this
- You don`t have to go to the gym to make sport and take care of your body – tadaaa
- I don`t like to gamble but if there`s one thing I`m willing to gamble on is Myself – Beyonce hit it good.
- Accepting your darker sides comes with a huge feeling of liberation – I`ve tried, tested and confirmed it. Stop blaming yourself (nope, I`m not militating for the wrong values here, don`t confuse things).
- Splurging has it`s perks. A new pair of shades – I went for the Spektre white ones from Optiblu – a new pair of shoes, a new dress or a piece of jewelry are THERAPEUTIC sometimes – yes, yes, t-h-e-r-a-p-e-u-t-i-c.
- `Don`t worry about the Bitches` – that`s why we all love Jennifer Lawrence. Women are mean, that`s a fact. A sad fact but nevertheless, a fact! Do not worry about what other women think of you. It`s pointless, energy consuming and frustrating. Act for yourself and live your own idea of life adventure. You`ll feel amazing. And you`ll drive them crazy, if this somehow makes you feel better.
Here`s to the Great month of May – the month when a pair of sunglasses made me look at the world with different eyes.