While we`re getting close to this holiday I am not really fond of (Grinch till death) the thought that I have to go to some Christmas dinner parties gets on my
nerves mind stronger and stronger. Searching outfits for everyday shootings/filming/live appearances sometimes proves to be quite exhausting. Heard that Fashion? You`re a little bit tiring this time of the year.
However, I tried but I cannot skip 4 Christmas parties. And yes, I already have 2 dresses stored. One red and a flower print one (nope, winter won`t stop flower print from mesmerizing me). So I am down to two and one must be black. You know, my psychologist and my bio energo therapist say that black blocks all energies but I still feel most comfortable while wearing it so yes, I am going to also have to purchase a black dress and fine, let energies be blocked for one night. Which brings me to the matter at hand:
What questions should I ask myself before buying another random Christmas dress that I don`t want to end up in the back of my wardrobe?
1. The most important one would have to be: Can I wear it with other occasions or it`s a one time love affair? – If it`s a one time love affair don`t buy it, you probably have a dozen one time affair dresses in your wardrobe already
2. Does it really flatter my body type or it`s just the `I want it no matter what` impulse?
3. Are trends dictating my taste? Having an awesome personal style should be before`trendy`in the list of priorities
4. Am I a feminine/lady like type or I`ll go for an edgy look? I think once in a while we should hit it off with a feminine look instead of the street style edgy-ness. It`s Christmas. Look like a timeless movie star.
5. Will I make a difference? A friend once told me that if everybody is wearing heels I should wear converse. Strive to be unforgettable. It will give you confidence and make you stand out. Don`t be like Morodan at the fashionable events and pick something for the car 5 minutes before and say `Whatever`. It`s Christmas `#yey`.
6. Will I`ll be a cute Grinch while wearing it? I sure hope so because I“m running out of Xanax and this dress will be my only salvation.
I think I`ll go for the Manoush dress I am wearing today for a few strong reasons:
- everybody will most surely wear long dresses and I want to stand out
- it points out my strong assets – my legs
- I can wear it for different occasions long after this Christmas party has passed
- it`s an evergreen so it will be fashionable many seasons to come
- it makes me look like a cute Grinch – people, please confirm
Au revoir you Christmas loving persons and see you later with a cool contest.