Photos by Silvia Postolatiev
Neah, I`m officially too old for this sort of crap.
What You Feel When You Are Close to Reaching 30
Now, 3 days before turning 30 I must confess I`m living the drama. You know, all of you who already turned 30 said it will be a brief moment of anxiety/lack of self trust maybe I will even feel sad. Well guess what? You were sort of right. However, I`m also proud of what I`ve accomplished in only 4 years – yeah, this road of my life started at 26, until then I thought I could be a lawyer – so I`m facing all the dark zones before this milestone birthday also with confidence and with a warrior decided to succeed mindset.
I`m waiting for this week to pass since many of you said it`s just a brief period of dark clouds and that 30 is basically the best period of a woman`s life. So that you know, I`m bracing myself and waiting anxiously for it.
Women in their 30`s – Fashion? Class? Both?
Here`s my personal view – for me is about class – fashion is a tool for keeping myself on the radar. But that`s it. Fashion as an industry, as a way of life and as a God – is a ruthless one. In my 20`s there were brief moments when I was its slave but thinking about it with today`s mind, I don`t want to become dominated by it anymore.
Class however is the sophisticated woman`s power asset. It`s what will make you unique in a world were being refined becomes a precious attribute.
If you mix them wisely fashion might provide you a dress that stunts but Class will make you unforgettable because behavior is always the key to mesmerizing personalities.
5 Etiquette Tips that Will Make You Seem Classier
- X and I not I and X – I know we are living in the self adoration era but politeness and education will always prove to be the assets which make the difference. Especially on social media, it`s important to know that etiquette demands putting the person you speak of first.
- Put the phone away – let`s try not to check Facebook every 3 minutes when we`re socially bonding or worse, when we are in meetings.
- Mind your Language – Listen, I love a good cuss word or two. It doesn’t mean that lingo is for everybody`s though. Make sure you’ve got the right audience for the language you use. `It’s okay to have a potty mouth, just make sure you’re in the correct bathroom.` Bette Davies once said.
- Walk the Walk – Pay attention at your posture and walking mode. It might seem hard for a few weeks walking like a 40`s movie star but that`s the feminine way – all the Lady Etiquette books say it. It`s ok to have a normcore/half-masculine style but it`s a no,no to walk like a man.
- Be polite with all but intimate with few – a woman`s most fascinating attribute: nope, it`s not long legs, it`s mystery. Be polite and joyful with the people you interact with but never share your secrets with everybody. You`ll be ruing the mystery aura. If everybody knows everything what else is left to keep their interest alive?
Thaa,thaaa, I“ll let you know how`s life at 30`s on Monday. Until then I still have to fight the dark blue 3 days left.
Oh, here`s my guilty pleasure song of the week: